Snow Day Sudoku for iPhone and iPad
Not Just a Christmas App! – Snow Day Sudoku (for iPhone & Pad)
Cool off this summer with Snow Day Sudoku, and enjoy one of the best themed Sudoku games on the app store. Play millions of puzzles in 5 difficulty ratings to the calming theme of falling show. Snow Day Sudoku runs on both the iPhone/iPod Touch and the iPad.
- Part of the Sudoku Book family – Snow Day Sudoku is based on the same basic sudoku game engine and has many of the same great features.
- Game Center Support (Requires iOS 4.1 or higher). Now compare your score with everyone else’s. Game Center keeps track of a score leader board and achievements.
- Puzzle Scoring adds an arcade game feel to sudoku and provides a metric for challenges. Now there are two parts to the puzzle, how to solve it and how to get a higher score.
- 5 Difficulty Levels definitions provide games that are consistently Easy, Medium, Hard, Expert, or Insane. New puzzles can be chosen visually from either the random or pattern generator. All puzzles are guaranteed to be solvable without guessing, although harder puzzles require some advanced solving techniques.
- Marks Options allow you to copy the true marks to your marks so you can start reducing candidates.
- Universal – Buy one app and load it on all your devices.
- Beautiful high resolution graphics for the iPhone 4’s retina display
- Runs on older generation iPhones using OS 3.1.3
- Play against the time or turn the timer off for more casual play
- Get hints along the way to help locate easily solvable cells
- New snow theme includes new number animations, falling snow effects and very cool 3D animated snow flakes.
Check out the iPhone User’s Guide: http://www.badweaselgames.com/sds/iPhoneHelp.php
and the iPad User’s Guide: http://www.badweaselgames.com/sds/iPadHelp.php
Highlights are a revolutionary and Sudoku Book™ product family exclusive way to see and solve sudoku puzzles. With highlights you can softly highlight cells, rows, or columns with the gesture of a finger. They help focus your attention and narrow down possibilities. You can use highlights to temporarily mark positives or negatives.Swipe into a row or column to highlight the whole line
- Press and hold on an empty cell to highlight it’s row, column and block
- Swipe into a row to highlight the whole row, or swipe into a column to highlight the whole column.
- Press and hold on a number to highlight all occurrences of that number.
- Press and hold again to highlight all rows, columns and blocks for all of those occurrences.
- ‘Draw’ on the board to highlight cells.
- Tap outside the gameboard to clear all highlights.
- Rub on a previous answer to wipe it out and remove it (iPad Only)
Get Hint offers clues to help solve your puzzle without actually giving away the answer. It might direct you to a cell and tell you your answer is incorrect. Or it might highlight an empty cell and tell you that a ‘Single’ or a ‘Hidden Single’ can be found there.
- First level hint is to highlight an incorrect answer (in RED)
- Second level hint is to highlight an empty cell that is a ‘Single’ (in GREEN)
- Third level hint is to highlight an empty cell that is a ‘Hidden Single’ (in BLUE-TEAL)
Millions of puzzle combination in 5 difficulty levels and 2 puzzle types.
Numbers ‘draw’ on the board.
Quick Start jumps you back into the gameplay right where you left off.
Operates in all orientations (iPad Only).
Check it out in the iTunes App Store:
Improved in 1.0.1:
- Much better falling snow effect
- Better SOLVED graphics
- Added very cool 3D foreground snow flakes.
- Improved the readability of marks
2010 Christmas promotion:
Through December 31 2010, Bad Weasel Games donated $1 to The Water Project for each copy of Snow Day Sudoku sold! We were able to raise enough money to fund the repair of broken down or open pit wells in communities in Sierra Leone. Thanks to everyone who purchased the app during the Christmas season 2010! You helped make a difference in the lives of people around the world.
The Water Project is a US-based non-profit committed to providing clean, safe drinking water to those who suffer needlessly without it. Nearly one billion people worldwide lack access to safe drinking water. Dirty water causes illnesses such as diarrhea and typhoid. Diarrhea alone kills 1.8 million children each year. Unsafe water causes a cycle of sickness and poverty and communities struggle to teach their children, grow food, go to school and earn a living. Check out The Water Project at thewaterproject.org/badweasel.